L1 Essential Bib
The Q36.5 Salopette L1 Essential is a remarkable piece, primarily built from a single panel of proprietary high-density woven fabric that Q36.5's mad scientist founder, Luigi Bergamo, designed specifically for implementation in the bibs. It feels unlike anything else, with a tactile sensation reminiscent of crepe paper. The polyamide fabric is actually woven in varying densities throughout the bib to specifically support musculature under pedaling force.
The chamois is a proprietary design made by Cytech, and it's got quite a bit of surface area compared to other brands, but isn't overly thick or diaper-like. Tubular stitchless bib straps reduce chafing possibilities and weight. The whole piece is insanely light, only a scant 160 grams, though Q36.5 declares that the svelte weight of most of their pieces is a result of their exhaustive R&D process, never an objective.
Materials: 61% Polyamide 6.6, 38% Elastane, 1% Carbon Fibre (PAC)
- Origin: Italy
- Weight: 160g
- Conditions: 59°-104°F / 15°-40°C +50SPF
- Features: The epitome of comfort in bib shorts.
- Unique woven fabric breaks in for optimal fit within 2-4 washes
- Similar sizing as Assos/Rapha Pro Team
- Bib straps designed to support in riding position (they should feel tight standing up)
- Trim Fit